(Last Update - February 9, 2020. Shipping methods updated.)
Table of Contents
- How to Order
- Sales Tax (Canada Only)
- Shipping: US & Canada
- Shipping: International
- Back Orders
- Rewards Points (Program Ended)
Ordering off of the website is easy and convenient, and a process you will be familiar with if you have ordered off of other international websites. We have outlined the process below:
- Simply add items to your shopping cart.
- From your cart, enter the checkout process.
- Choose your shipping method.
- Choose your payment method.
- Complete your order.
All pricing is in Canadian Dollars (CAD) only. We accept all major credit cards through PayPal (no account required). PayPal offers the highest level of security, so your personal and financial information stays safe. We do not even see your credit card or bank information, which stays secured entirely in PayPal's servers.
Interac E-Transfers (Canada Only) (Updated)
(NEW) Please note that e-transfers now require prior approval. Customers may request this payment option (account required, not applicable to guest checkout) and we will enable it for your account.
We now accept Interac E-Transfers through your online banking (Canada only)! This method will be displayed at checkout for Canadian shipping addresses. For Interac e-Transfers, please use our email address from your order confirmation. Please send payments within 24 hours of placing your order. For the required password, please use your order number in the following format: ICFJXXXX (replace the "XXXX" with your 4-digit order number). We will send a confirmation email that your payment has been received and your order is processing within 1 business day.
We are a legitimate Canadian retailer based in Ontario; therefore we do charge sales tax (GST/HST) as the law requires for Canadian orders. There is NO sales tax for U.S. orders.
Orders to the rest of the world (not including the U.S.A. and Canada) are subject to any duties, taxes, or brokerage fees charged by your own country. "It Came From Japan!" is in no way responsible for any of that! We can declare items as "gifts", but we will include an invoice and declare them at full value for insurance purposes.
U.S. Buyers - Great news, please note that we are NOT required to charge the recently enabled U.S. Internet Sales Tax!
Order Processing Times for In-Stock Merchandise: Orders ship from our warehouse within 1-3 business days after receiving payment.
Shipping to USA (Updated November 2019):
U.S. Customers Please Note - We use a variety of shipping methods to the U.S.A, depending on many factors such as item size/weight, destination, weather/regional delays, our current workload, etc. For all shipping methods we use, orders will be delivered by your local post office. Please note that we are unable to take requests for a particular shipping method or offer express/overnight shipping at this time.
- U.S.A. Standard Shipping (NEW!) - Orders may be shipped by ANY of the following methods. All shipping methods we use will be delivered by your local post office (USPS).
- USPS 1st Class Mail - Transit time is typically 2-4 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes USPS tracking and insurance. Available for items under 1 pound.
- USPS Priority Mail - Transit time is typically 2-4 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes USPS tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for small to medium-sized orders with shipping dimensions up to 36 inches length + width + height.
- USPS Parcel Select - Transit time is typically 3-9 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped (based on your proximity to western New York). Includes USPS tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for over-sized items/orders shipped outside of the Northeastern USA.
- Canada Post Tracked Packet/Expedited Parcel (NEW!) - Typical transit time is 4-9 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes CA Post/USPS tracking and insurance.
- UPS Mail Innovations (NEW!) - Transit time is typically 3-9 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes UPS tracking & insurance. UPS will hand off shipments to the USPS for final delivery. Typically used for over-sized items/orders and/or lower-value items with a high shipping cost (such as candy toy and capsule toy sets) shipped outside of the Northeastern USA.
Additionally, these shipping methods may be used in certain situations with prior approval (such as custom large/high-value orders entered manually by our sales staff):
- Canada Post Expedited Parcel - Typical transit time is 4-7 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Becomes USPS Priority Mail after crossing the border. Includes CA Post/USPS tracking and insurance.
- UPS Standard (i.e. Ground) - Typical transit time is 4-7 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for physically larger and/or more valuable orders. Can not ship to PO Boxes. We cover any brokerage fees.
U.S. orders are currently limited to a maximum of $500.00 per order for insurance purposes.
Shipping to Canada (Updated!):
Please note that we are unable to take requests for a particular shipping method or offer express/overnight shipping at this time.
- Canada Post Expedited Parcel - Transit time is usually 1-7 business days after your order has shipped (depending on your proximity to Toronto) with tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation.
- For "local" orders (Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal areas) or higher-value shipments requiring signature, tracking information is typically available within a few hours of your order being shipped.
- For orders shipped to remote destinations or a greater distance from Toronto, please note that tracking info may not be available until your order reaches the destination province (2-6 business days after your order has shipped, depending on proximity to Toronto).
(Note that we briefly used CanPar in the first half of 2019; all Canadian orders now ship by Canada Post.)
Regarding local pickup in Mississauga - please note that we currently do not offer local pickup for website orders, but you can find us at the many conventions we go to throughout the year. You can check our convention schedule on the "Events" page here.
We are now offering international shipping through Asendia (operated by La Poste and Swiss Post) on a trial basis! Shipping is available to the following countries currently serviced by Asendia:
- Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, & Thailand.
- We will update this list if Asendia adds more countries to their service.
Please be sure to read and fully understand the following VERY important information about this service:
- Orders are currently limited to a value of $100.00 CAD and/or a weight of approximately 3 lbs.
- This is an ECONOMY service, your patience is appreciated. Other int'l shipping services from Canada are extremely expensive; this is the only affordable option.
- Shipping time is typically 2-5 weeks, depending on factors such as distance, your country's customs procedures, etc.
- We must declare items at the full value and as merchandise sold (i.e. not a gift). You are responsible for any taxes, tariffs, duties, or other fees your country may charge you upon arrival.
- A tracking number will be provided. Long waits between tracking updates are normal; remember this is an economy service.
- Final delivery will be through a local carrier (typically your local postal service).
Please note that we have changed our preorder policy and currently accept preorders for certain items 1-2 months before their arrival. Preorder items are ordered just like in-stock items; simply place them in your cart and checkout. Payment is now required at the time the order is placed.
Items available for immediate preorder will display the stock status "Preorder". Items that are coming soon but not yet available to preorder have the status "Coming Soon". These items will be available to order at a later date, either by preorder in advance or for immediate shipment when the product has arrived.
We have implemented this policy to help with price changes due to currency fluctuations (since we are a Canadian business, everything we sell is imported from Japan or the USA) and hopefully reduce abandoned orders.
FOR ORDERS INCLUDING BOTH IN-STOCK & PREORDER/BACK ORDER ITEMS, your order will not ship until all items have arrived. If you would like them to ship separately, please place separate orders.
If an existing preorder has not shipped and you would like to add in-stock merchandise to the order, please contact us. As long as your order has not already been packed (i.e. order status will be "Processing"), we should be able to add items for you. We will manually send you an invoice and payment request for the additional items without additional shipping costs.
Back ordered items are currently not in stock but are still available from our suppliers. Back ordered items are considered "special order" items and require immediate payment in full. These cannot be returned without incurring a restocking fee at our discretion. These will typically ship within 2-6 weeks after placing your order.
Please note that the Rewards Points program has ended; please read here to find out how you can continue to use your points from previous purchases until December 31st, 2018.
Note - Points accumulation ended on June 30, 2018.
(Please note that the following information is shown for reference only; these features will be removed from the website soon.) You can view your points by logging in to your account. To redeem, simply log in to your account, go to "My Rewards", and select "Redeem". Then you will be able to purchase a gift certificate with your points that you can use during checkout. A minimum of 500 points is required for redemption ($5 Gift Certificate).
Please note that orders picked up locally and/or orders that have received any other discounts will not be eligible for rewards points.
Naturally we would prefer that you do not cancel your order, so please do not purchase an item unless you are certain you would like to buy it. However we understand that sometimes circumstances change and it is simply unavoidable. Here are our policies:
- Standard in-stock items - To cancel or make changes to an order, please contact us via email before your order ships. If your order status has been changed to "Processing", it may not be possible to make any changes to your order, but we will do our best so please contact us immediately.
- Preorders - Since we are a small company that usually orders products based on the number of preorders we receive, cancellations can be damaging to our business. If you need to cancel a preorder, please let us know immediately so that we may be able to reduce our order from our supplier or offer it to someone else. If your order status has been changed to "Processing", it may not be possible to make any changes to your order, but we will do our best so please contact us immediately.
- Back Orders - These are considered to be special order items and cannot be cancelled.
We accept returns under the following conditions.
Returns are subject to a restocking fee of up to 25% of the value of the item. New items from normal, in-stock orders may be returned within 30 days of the ship date ONLY if they are still in the same original condition, meaning still sealed with the packaging in the original condition. You will be refunded for the item but not the shipping or any restocking fees, and the cost of the return shipping to our location in CANADA is the buyer's responsibility. "Back Order" items are considered to be special order and are not returnable.
If an item is received damaged, it may be exchanged for the same item only or store credit if the same item is no longer available.
"It Came From Japan!" reserves the right to refuse any return for any reason. Under no circumstances are items to be returned without prior approval and instructions.