(Updated March 6, 2019 - Important changes to shipping methods for USA & Canada.)
Please note that we currently ship to the USA and Canada only.
Table of Contents
- How to Order
- Sales Tax (Canada Only)
- Back Orders
- Rewards Points (Program Ended)
Ordering off of the website is easy and convenient, and a process you will be familiar with if you have ordered off of other international websites. We have outlined the process below:
- Simply add items to your shopping cart.
- From your cart, enter the checkout process.
- Choose your shipping method.
- Choose your payment method.
- Complete your order.
All pricing is in Canadian Dollars (CAD) only. We accept all major credit cards through PayPal (no account required). PayPal offers the highest level of security, so your personal and financial information stays safe. We do not even see your credit card or bank information, which stays secured entirely in PayPal's servers.
We now accept Interac E-Transfers through your online banking (Canada only)! This method will be displayed at checkout for Canadian shipping addresses. For Interac e-Transfers, please use our email address from your order confirmation. Please send payments within 24 hours of placing your order. For the required password, please use your order number in the following format: ICFJXXXX (replace the "XXXX" with your 4-digit order number). We will send a confirmation email that your payment has been received and your order is processing within 1 business day.
We are a legitimate Canadian retailer based in Ontario; therefore we do charge sales tax (GST/HST) as the law requires for Canadian orders. There is NO sales tax for U.S. orders.
Orders to the rest of the world (not including the U.S.A. and Canada) are subject to any duties, taxes, or brokerage fees charged by your own country. "It Came From Japan!" is in no way responsible for any of that! We can declare items as "gifts", but we will include an invoice and declare them at full value for insurance purposes.
Please note that we currently ship to the USA and Canada only.
Order Processing Times for In-Stock Merchandise: U.S. & Canadian Orders ship from our warehouse within 1-2 business days after receiving payment.
Shipping to USA (Updated!):
U.S. Customers Please Note - U.S. orders are shipped directly from western New York. Orders are first transported across the border from our Canadian location and handed off directly to the USPS or UPS. Please note that we are unable to take requests for a particular shipping method or offer express/overnight shipping at this time.
- USPS 1st Class Mail - Transit time is typically 2-4 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes USPS tracking and insurance. Available for items under 1 pound.
- U.S.A. Standard Shipping (NEW!) - Includes any of the following shipping methods, depending on item size/weight and destination:
- USPS Priority Mail - Transit time is typically 2-4 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes USPS tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for small to medium-sized orders with shipping dimensions up to 36 inches length + width + height.
- USPS Parcel Select - Transit time is typically 3-9 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped (based on your proximity to western New York). Includes USPS tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for over-sized items/orders shipped outside of the Northeastern USA.
- UPS Mail Innovations (NEW!) - Transit time is typically 3-9 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes UPS tracking & insurance. UPS will hand off shipments to the USPS for final delivery. Typically used for over-sized items/orders and/or lower-value items with a high shipping cost (such as candy toy and capsule toy sets) shipped outside of the Northeastern USA.
Additionally, these shipping methods may be used in certain situations with prior approval (such as custom large/high-value orders entered manually by our sales staff):
- Canada Post Expedited Parcel - Typical transit time is 4-7 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Becomes USPS Priority Mail after crossing the border. Includes CA Post/USPS tracking and insurance.
- UPS Standard (i.e. Ground) - Typical transit time is 4-7 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for physically larger and/or more valuable orders. Can not ship to PO Boxes. We cover any brokerage fees.
U.S. orders are currently limited to a maximum of $500.00 per order for insurance purposes.
Shipping to Canada (Updated!):
Please note that we are unable to take requests for a particular shipping method or offer express/overnight shipping at this time.
- Canada Standard Shipping (NEW!) - Please note that orders may be shipped by ANY of the following methods, depending on factors such as item size/weight, destination, etc.:
- CA Post Expedited Parcel - Transit time is usually 1-7 business days after your order has shipped (depending on your proximity to Toronto) with tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for "local" orders (Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal areas) or higher-value shipments requiring signature.
- Canpar (NEW!) - Transit time is typically 3-9 business days after your order has shipped (depending on your proximity to Toronto) with tracking & insurance. Typically used for lower-value, small to medium-sized orders shipping to destinations that are more remote or far away from Toronto. If you are unavailable for delivery, your shipment will be left at one of their "Smart Spot" locations (such as a local convenience store, etc.). Please visit the Canpar website for a list of Smart Spot locations here.
Preorder items are ordered just like in-stock items; simply place them in your cart and checkout. You have the option to prepay now or be billed later via PayPal invoice. We will update your order within one business day to reflect "Preorder" as the status in your list of open orders on your account page.
Our goal is to bring you the lowest preorder price possible! We are a Canadian business, however everything we sell comes directly from Japan or authorized distributors of Japanese products in the USA, and all of our inventory is purchased in their respective currencies. Because of this, our final price may fluctuate slightly by the time the product is released due to changes in the exchange rate. If the exchange rate improves, then we will lower our preorder price as much as possible to reflect the new exchange rate. However if the exchange rate worsens, we may need to increase our prices slightly to cover the additional cost.
If you choose the "Pay Later" option, any price updates will be reflected on your final invoice. For those of you who prepay: if the price decreases, we will refund the difference when your order ships. If the price increases significantly, we will be required to send you an invoice for the difference.
(NEW) Please note that preorders may only be combined with other preorders released in the same month! If you would like to add in-stock merchandise to your order when your preordered items are ready to ship, please contact us and we can add them to your order.
FOR ORDERS INCLUDING BOTH IN-STOCK & PREORDER/BACK ORDER ITEMS, your order will not ship until all items have arrived. If you would like them to ship separately, please place separate orders.
For preorder items that require a deposit - this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances. Preorder items that have been paid in full are also non-refundable.
Back ordered items are currently not in stock but are still available from our suppliers. Back ordered items are considered "special order" items and require immediate payment in full. These cannot be returned without incurring a restocking fee at our discretion. These will typically ship within 2-6 weeks after placing your order.
Please note that the Rewards Points program has ended; please read here to find out how you can continue to use your points from previous purchases until December 31st, 2018.
Note - Points accumulation ended on June 30, 2018.
(Please note that the following information is shown for reference only; these features will be removed from the website soon.) You can view your points by logging in to your account. To redeem, simply log in to your account, go to "My Rewards", and select "Redeem". Then you will be able to purchase a gift certificate with your points that you can use during checkout. A minimum of 500 points is required for redemption ($5 Gift Certificate).
Please note that orders picked up locally and/or orders that have received any other discounts will not be eligible for rewards points.
Naturally we would prefer that you do not cancel your order, so please do not purchase an item unless you are certain you would like to buy it. However we understand that sometimes circumstances change and it is simply unavoidable. Here are our policies:
- Standard in-stock items - To cancel or make changes to an order, please contact us via email before your order ships. If your order status has been changed to "Processing", it may not be possible to make any changes to your order, but we will do our best so please contact us immediately. Refunds for cancelled in-stock items will be given as store credit only.
- Preorders (Unpaid) - Since we are a small company that usually orders products based on the number of preorders we receive, cancellations can be damaging to our business. If you need to cancel a preorder, please let us know immediately so that we may be able to reduce our order from our supplier or offer it to someone else. Occasionally we may require a deposit for some preorder items; these deposits are non-refundable, except for rare situations where we are unable to supply the item.
- Preorders (Deposit or Full Amount Paid) - Preorder deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances. Preorder items that have been paid in full are also non-refundable and cannot be cancelled.
- Back orders/Special orders - Since these are items that we are not planning to stock, these items require payment up front. These items cannot be cancelled or refunded under any circumstances.
We accept returns under the following conditions.
Returns are subject to a restocking fee of up to 25% of the value of the item. New items from normal, in-stock orders may be returned within 30 days of the ship date ONLY if they are still in the same original condition, meaning still sealed with the packaging in the original condition. You will be refunded for the item but not the shipping or any restocking fees, and the cost of the return shipping to our location in CANADA is the buyer's responsibility. Refunds for returned items will be given as store credit only.
If an item is received damaged, it may be exchanged for the same item only or store credit if the same item is no longer available.
Back Order and Special Order items are typically not returnable. However we will examine these on a case-by-case basis, and at the very least you will be charged a hefty restocking fee if we choose to allow a return.
In-stock rare/used/vintage items that do not fall under the category of Back Order and Special Order items are also typically not returnable. These are carefully checked and verified before they are shipped, so there should be no problems whatsoever. However we will examine these on a case-by-case basis, and at the very least you will be charged a hefty restocking fee if we choose to allow a return.
"It Came From Japan!" reserves the right to refuse any return for any reason. Under no circumstances are items to be returned without prior approval and instructions.