Last Update - July 22, 2017
Please note that we currently ship to the USA and Canada only.
Table of Contents
- How to Order
- Sales Tax (Canada Only)
- Local Pickup Information
- Back Orders
- Special Orders
- Rewards Points
Ordering off of the website is easy and convenient, and a process you will be familiar with if you have ordered off of other international websites. We have outlined the process below:
- Simply add items to your shopping cart.
- From your cart, enter the checkout process.
- Choose your shipping method.
- Choose your payment method.
- Complete your order.
All pricing is now in U.S. Dollars (USD) only. We accept all major credit cards through PayPal (no account required). PayPal offers the highest level of security, so your personal and financial information stays safe. We do not even see your credit card or bank information, which stays secured entirely in PayPal's servers.
We can also accept money orders from Canada and the USA and Interac E-Transfers from Canada if you prefer not to use a credit card. To pay with one of these methods, you must contact us and we will process your order manually, since these are not available as standard payment methods on the website. Since money orders are sent through the mail, we must receive them within 10 business days.
For local pickup in Mississauga, we can swipe your Visa/MC/Amex at pickup, as well as accept Cash or PayPal.
We are a legitimate Canadian retailer based in Ontario; therefore we do charge sales tax (GST/HST) as the law requires for Canadian orders. There is NO sales tax for U.S. orders.
Orders to the rest of the world (not including the U.S.A. and Canada) are subject to any duties, taxes, or brokerage fees charged by your own country. "It Came From Japan!" is in no way responsible for any of that! We can declare items as "gifts", but we will include an invoice and declare them at full value for insurance purposes.
Order Processing Times for In-Stock Merchandise:
U.S. & Canadian Orders ship from our warehouse within 1-2 business days after receiving payment.
U.S. Customers Please Note - Most U.S. orders are now shipped directly from Niagara Falls, NY. Orders are first transported across the border from our Canadian location and handed off directly to the USPS.
U.S.A. - Standard Shipping:
Our U.S.A. "Standard Shipping" can include ANY of the following shipping methods. Please note that we are unable to take requests for a particular shipping method or offer express/overnight shipping at this time. Orders using our "Standard Shipping" may be shipped by ANY of the following methods:
- USPS 1st Class Mail - Typical transit time is 2-4 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes USPS tracking. Typically used for items under 1 pound.
- USPS Priority Mail - Typical transit time is 1-3 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes USPS tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for medium-sized orders with shipping dimensions up to 36 inches length + width + height.
- USPS Parcel Select - Typical transit time is 5-7 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes USPS tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for physically larger items/orders.
- Canada Post Expedited Parcel - Typical transit time is 4-7 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Becomes USPS Priority Mail after crossing the border. Includes CA Post/USPS tracking and insurance.
- UPS Standard (i.e. Ground) - Typical transit time is 4-7 business days AFTER your order has been processed and shipped. Includes tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically used for physically larger and/or more valuable orders. Can not ship to PO Boxes. We cover any brokerage fees.
- CA Post Expedited Parcel - 1-7 business days (depending on your proximity to Toronto) with tracking, insurance, and possibly signature confirmation. Typically 1-2 business day to the Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal areas after orders have been shipped.
- Local Pickup in Mississauga - Please see below.
Please note that we are only shipping to the USA and Canada at this time.
Local Pickup (Mississauga, ON, Canada):
It may be possible to pick up your order locally in Mississauga. Currently our store is online only. Our offices are not open to the public, but we can meet you at the 403 & Winston Churchill exit at an agreed upon day and time. You MUST agree with the following terms:
- Pickup is ONLY available at a location of our choosing; we will not meet you elsewhere in Mississauga or the GTA. This is NOT a delivery service!
- For payment, we can accept Visa/MC/Amex swiped on pickup, or cash (but NOT debit or Visa debit, sorry!).
- For cash payments, we do NOT offer discounts. You must bring exact change. Paying in cash does NOT excuse you from paying sales tax!! No exceptions!!
- You MUST have an account on the website so that we can give you an invoice/receipt.
IF you accept the above terms, please EMAIL us your order or use our contact form here. You may also place an order on the website and we will refund the shipping charges after your order has been picked up (please be sure to enter "LOCAL PICKUP" in the order comments section, otherwise your order will be shipped!). Once you have emailed us your order or placed an order through the website, we will contact you with further instructions.
Preorder items are ordered just like in-stock items; simply place them in your cart and checkout. You have the option to prepay now or be billed later via PayPal invoice. We will update your order within one business day to reflect "Preorder" as the status in your list of open orders on your account page.
Our goal is to bring you the lowest preorder price possible! We are a Canadian business, however everything we sell comes directly from Japan or authorized distributors of Japanese products in the USA, and all of our inventory is purchased in their respective currencies. Because of this, our final price may fluctuate slightly by the time the product is released due to changes in the exchange rate. If the exchange rate improves, then we will lower our preorder price as much as possible to reflect the new exchange rate. However if the exchange rate worsens, we may need to increase our prices slightly to cover the additional cost.
If you choose the "Pay Later" option, any price updates will be reflected on your final invoice. For those of you who prepay: if the price decreases, we will refund the difference when your order ships. If the price increases significantly, we will be required to send you an invoice for the difference.
For orders containing multiple preorder items with different release dates, you will be required to pay for items as they arrive if you have chosen the "Pay Later" option. We will send you PayPal payment requests for items as they arrive; shipping charges will be added to the final invoice. Paid items will be held until all items in the order have arrived. Once all items in the order have arrived and are paid for, the order will ship complete.
FOR ORDERS INCLUDING BOTH IN-STOCK & PREORDER/BACK ORDER ITEMS, your order will not ship until all items have arrived. If you would like them to ship separately, please place separate orders.
For preorder items that require a deposit - this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances. Preorder items that have been paid in full are also non-refundable.
Back ordered items are currently not in stock but are still available from our suppliers. Back ordered items are considered "special order" items and require immediate payment in full. These cannot be returned without incurring a restocking fee at our discretion. These will typically ship within 2-4 weeks after placing your order.
Don't see what you are looking for? We will happily order anything you need from our suppliers! Our vast overseas resources give us access to most merchandise sold at retail in Japan.
Just send us an email at email@example.com and we'll get you an estimate. For items that are immediately available to us, once an estimate has been approved and payment received, it will typically take 2-4 weeks for us to receive the item before we ship it to you.
At "It Came From Japan!" we value your business, and we are happy give back to our customers in the form of rewards points! For every dollar you spend in our store, you will receive 1 reward point, or 1% back to spend in our store on any item!
Every item page tells you how many points you will receive for the purchase. You can view your points by logging in to your account. To redeem, simply log in to your account, go to "My Rewards", and select "Redeem". Then you will be able to purchase a gift certificate with your points that you can use during checkout.
Obviously we would prefer that you do not cancel your order, so please do not place an order unless you are 100% certain you would like to buy it! However we understand that in some circumstances it is unavoidable. Here are our policies:
- Standard in-stock items - To cancel or make changes to an order, please contact us via email before your order ships. If your order status has been changed to "Processing", it may not be possible to make any changes to your order, but we will do our best so please contact us immediately. Refunds for cancelled in-stock items will be given as store credit only.
- Preorders (Unpaid) - Since we are a small company that usually orders products based on the number of preorders we receive, cancellations can be damaging to our business. If you need to cancel a preorder, please let us know immediately so that we may be able to reduce our order from our supplier or offer it to someone else. Occasionally we may require a deposit for some preorder items; these deposits are non-refundable, except for rare situations where we are unable to supply the item.
- Preorders (Deposit or Full Amount Paid) - Preorder deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances. Preorder items that have been paid in full are also non-refundable and cannot be cancelled.
- Back orders/Special orders - Since these are items that we are not planning to stock, these items require payment up front. These items cannot be cancelled or refunded under any circumstances.
Returns are subject to a restocking fee of up to 25% of the value of the item. New items from normal, in-stock orders may be returned within 30 days of the ship date ONLY if they are still in the same original condition, meaning still sealed with the packaging in the original condition. You will be refunded for the item but not the shipping or any restocking fees, and the cost of the return shipping to out location in CANADA is the buyer's responsibility. Refunds for returned items will be given as store credit only.
If an item is received damaged, it may be exchanged for the same item only or store credit if the same item is no longer available.
Back Order and Special Order items are typically not returnable. However we will examine these on a case-by-case basis, and at the very least you will be charged a hefty restocking fee if we choose to allow a return.
In-stock rare/used/vintage items that do not fall under the category of Back Order and Special Order items are also typically not returnable. These are carefully checked and verified before they are shipped, so there should be no problems whatsoever. However we will examine these on a case-by-case basis, and at the very least you will be charged a hefty restocking fee if we choose to allow a return.
"It Came From Japan!" reserves the right to refuse any return for any reason if we suspect any funny business or wrongdoing.